According to statistics, foreign trade turnover decreased by $ 7 billion and now stands at $ 64.2 billion.
The decline in trade was recorded for the last 8 months of 2020 compared to 2019 ($ 71.5 billion). This was reported by the State Customs.
During this time, imports in Ukraine decreased by 12.4% to $ 33.3 billion. Exports decreased by 6.6% and amounted to $ 30.9 billion. As a result, the balance became negative and amounted to $ 2.4 billion.
According to customs, among the largest importing countries are:
- China, whose imports are $ 5.1 billion;
- Germany ranks second with imports of $ 3.2 billion;
- Russia ranked third in imports of $ 2.9 billion.
Most were exported to the following countries:
- China, ranked first among exporting countries ($ 4.3 billion);
- Poland ranks second with exports of $ 2 billion;
- Russia closes the top three with $ 1.8 billion
Also, according to customs, the largest exported goods from Ukraine are:
- Ferrous metals;
- Sunflower oil.
Among the most imported goods were:
- Petroleum products;
- Machinery and mechanical equipment;
- Electrical engineering.